Please pack all of your items carefully to prevent damage. We recommend using bubble wrap or packing paper when you are storing your personal items inside our durable bins or boxes. Our Zippboxx professionals handle every bin, box, and loose item carefully, however, you are responsible for packing your items well enough to protect them during normal transportation and handling procedures.
Larger items should also be packed, wrapped and prepared for storage. If your item has loose or moving parts, such as coil, electric cords, etc., please securely fasten them and ensure that they will not drag or snag while being handled.
Please use additional padding when wrapping delicate and sharp items. Sharp edges/tips can not be exposed or protrude, even partially, from any container or wrapping material.
AC units and Mini-fridges must be unmounted from windows/walls, drained, and aired out for at least 24 hours prior to pick-up.
During a pick-up, any item that fails to meet our wrapping & protection standards will be marked as unprotected. We will review the problem(s) with you and provide suggestions and/or additional wrapping materials if needed. If you decide to store the unprotected item without making improvements, Zippboxx will not be responsible if the item is damaged in any way.
Storing Fragile Items
Please avoid storing fragile items in Zippboxx bins unless they have been properly packed using the guidelines mentioned in the "Packing Carefully" section. Aside from the express cap on our per box liability, we disclaim all liability for items that could be considered “fragile,” including but not limited to, glassware, artwork, jewelry, electronics, furniture made from particle board, fiberboard or other materials comprised of sawdust and wood scraps. If you choose to store these items with us it is your responsibility to properly wrap and pack your items.
Storing Items Containing Fuel, Oil, and Other Liquids
Items and equipment that contain liquid, such as snow-blowers, power washers, etc, must be completely drained prior to your scheduled pick-up date. This includes any and all fluids, including but not limited to fuel, oil, coolants, and anything flammable. We will not accept any item that has not been entirely drained when we arrive. Please follow your equipment manufacturer manuals to prepare these items for storage.
- Guns, weapons, explosives, fireworks and anything else that may explode.
- Flammable items, such as gas, oil, kerosene, paint and lighter fluid.
- Hazardous items, toxic materials, items that can produce odor, gas or oozing of any kind.
- Illegal items, such as drugs, drug paraphernalia, stolen property, and anything else that you can get arrested for possessing.
- Items with loud or disruptive noises.
- Anything that is or was alive
- Food (perishable and nonperishable items) such as fruit, meats, cheeses, animals, insects, fungal or bacterial cultures, etc.
- Items that may increase in size, burst, leak, or escape from a bin and cause damage to surroundings, yours or other people’s belongings, employees or their belongings and our storage facility.