Long Island Long Distance Movers
Are you ready to make a big change and relocate to a new state? You may be leaving Long Island and the NYC area for a lower cost of living, new opportunities, a change in climate, or to be closer to family.
Request a Quote:
Whether you’re staying on the East Coast or moving across the country, dependable New York long distance movers make your transition as easy and worry-free as possible. With Zippboxx on your side, you can look forward to everything awaiting you at your destination without worrying about how you’ll get there!
What Is a Long Island Long Distance Move?
When you hire a long distance moving company on Long Island, you may see a lot of moving terms used to describe different types of moves. It’s helpful to understand how moves are qualified because it affects pricing and the type of mover you need.
A local relocation is a move within about 60 miles of your origin or within the metro area, depending on the radius the moving company sets. Local movers complete the job same-day and have an hourly moving rate. Moving from the North Shore to the South Shore or staying within Nassau or Suffolk County is an example of a move completed by short distance movers.
A long distance move is a move outside this local radius. Long distance can refer to moves within New York, such as moving from Long Island to Upstate New York. Most long distance moving involves crossing state lines. Interstate moving within the region or cross country moving is different than intrastate moving because moves across state lines are subject to federal regulations. Long distance movers must have a US DOT number to provide interstate moving service.
Unlike local relocations, long distance moving has flat-rate pricing based on volume or weight.
Moving Cross Country with Zippboxx
At Zippboxx, we understand just how stressful a move can be, no matter how complicated it is or how far you’re going. However, long distance moving is especially difficult because it requires careful planning and coordination. Our moving and storage company is committed to delivering the quality moving solutions and dependable customer support you need for a seamless move completed on schedule.
Our Long Island long distance movers take pride in offering all the services you need to get to your new location without stress or delays. We make it easy for clients to customize the services they receive for a smooth moving day:
- Secure loading and unloading
- Furniture assembly/disassembly
- Full service junk removal to get ready for your move and reduce the volume you’re transporting
- Full or partial packing and/or unpacking services to eliminate worry and save time
- Piano movers who use specialized equipment to safely transport your delicate instrument to your new address
- Storage services to streamline a complicated move
With Zippboxx, you get quality moving solutions to fit your budget and needs and a dedicated move coordinator who oversees all the details for the ultimate peace of mind.
How Much Do Long Island Interstate Movers Cost? | Long Distance Moving Quotes
Moving across the country or to a new home in another state is never cheap, but it doesn’t need to cost a fortune to get the professional moving help you deserve.
What should you expect to pay for Long Island interstate movers? The average cost of long distance moving in the United States is $2,200 to $5,700, but the cost can be anywhere from $600 to more than $10,000 depending on the distance, volume of belongings, and services you receive.
You will usually pay a flat price for long distance moving. Most long distance movers charge by the load and weight. How much you’re moving and how much your belongings weigh determine your moving cost. The total distance and the route to your new location also play a big role. Are you moving cross country or to the next state over? Will there be many toll roads? Is it a popular transit route?
There may be other factors that must be considered to give you an accurate quote, and you may have an extra charge for certain items like pianos or fees like a long carry fee.
Here’s a general breakdown of important items to consider to estimate the cost of hiring a Long Island long distance moving company:
- Volume and weight of household goods
- Packing services
- Storage services
- Additional costs for specialty items
- Stair, elevator, or long carry fees
- Expedited services
- Packing supplies like boxes
- Travel fees including potential surcharges and tolls
- Insurance coverage
- Moving date
With Zippboxx, you can be sure you will get a competitive price and unbeatable customer service. Our top rated NYC movers are standing by to give you a free, personalized estimate for long distance moving from Long Island NY. Give our moving team a call to discuss your upcoming relocation and how we can help!
Choosing the Best Long Island Long Distance Moving Company
- Licensed and insured moving company – Every Long Island moving company is required to be licensed by the New York State Department of Transportation (NYSDOT). You can verify their license with their name or NYDOT number by calling (518) 457-6512. Interstate movers must have a US DOT number. You can use the FMCSA US DOT number lookup tool to verify they are registered and insured.
- Written Order of Service – Before long distance movers even start the job, you should be provided with an Order of Service that states the dollar amount you will pay at delivery.
- Great track record – The best long distance moving company in New York has a low claims rate. The average moving loss claim is $10,000, according to the FMCSA, or twice the average cost of an interstate move. Up to 20% of moves involve a claim, but a small number of fly-by-night and inexperienced movers account for a disproportionate share of these claims! Look for a Long Island NY long distance moving company with a very low claims rate. You should also verify they have a good safety record using their US DOT number.
- Years of experience – For your peace of mind, choose long distance movers on Long Island with years of relevant experience in the moving industry. Ask how many jobs they perform similar to yours each year, how many overall moves they perform, and the average experience of their team members.
- Trained and vetted team – A moving company is only as good as its movers. Dependable moving companies invest in their team and ensure every moving crew has the training, experience, tools, equipment, and well-maintained truck they need for success. The movers should be background checked for your protection and make it a point to give customers the best possible experience.
When you choose Zippboxx, you can rest easy knowing you have hired a dedicated Long Island out of state moving companymoving company ready to address all your moving needs and provide the highest standard of service. Our licensed, insured full service moving and storage company does it all, from packing and loading to junk removal and storage, as a reliable one-stop solution. We have an ultra low claims rate thanks to a remarkable team of 15 professional movers and staff who complete more than 2,500 moves every year.
Our Clients' Feedback
Designer & Moving FAQs
Do movers disassemble beds?
Yes disassembly and reassembly is included with every move.
Can weather affect my Move?
Weather can affect traffic and cause other delays but in most cases your move will go on as scheduled. The only time we would consider rescheduling a move is during extreme weather and the state or county puts out a weather /travel warning.
Do you offer Packing and unpack packing?
As a full service moving company, yes, we offer packing and unpacking services. Our team of professional packers > movers will pack your home correctly ensuring your most delicate items will arrive safely, Once at your new home we can ease the burden by unpacking all of the cartons and removing the boxes from the home so you don't have to deal with it.
Can Zippboxx move me “out of state”?
Yes, Zippboxx can help you move to any state in the country. Are most frequent trips are down the east coast from NY- Florida and everything in between.
How far in advance should you schedule your move?
Zippboxx recommends scheduling a move at least 3 weeks in advance and with long distance moving, at least 4 weeks, especially in the busy season.