Best Long Island Gyms  | 🏋 ULTIMATE Guide to Gyms in Nassau County & Suffolk County Long Island
Ready to break a sweat at one of the top gyms in Long Island? There are hundreds of Long Island gyms ranging from CrossFit and parkour gyms to 24-hour and powerlifting gyms. Here’s a look at the best options for any fitness level and interest, including top gyms in Nassau County & Suffolk County.
Table of Contents
Obstacle Athletics (Deer Park) – Ninja Warrior Long Island Gym with Indoor Obstacle Fitness
Obstacle Athletics is one of the best gyms in Suffolk County for parkour, ninja warrior training, and a fun, challenging workout. Their 6,000-square-foot facility is the only indoor obstacle fitness course on Long Island and one of the top destinations for Long Island parkour training for adults.
Build speed, stamina, strength, agility, and balance on a custom-built “playground for adults,” get one-on-one coaching, take part in some of the country’s best competition courses, and try a range of programs. You can try one-hour classes or practice on your own with a combination of structured workouts and open gym time. Obstacle Athletics even offers kids fitness classes and hosts birthday parties and group events.
Contact & Membership Info
- Address: Obstacle Athletics, 770 Grand Blvd #4, Deer Park, NY 11729
- Phone: (631) 627-8253
- Membership: One-time visit is $25 ($20 for kids) or $150 for 1-month membership. Discounts offered for drop-in packs, multi-month memberships & family member add-ons. Teachers and students get 10% off monthly rates and military, EMS, police, and fire save 20% on monthly rates.
Crunch Fitness (6 Locations) – Energetic Group Exercise Classes with 6 Gyms in Long Island
Crunch Fitness is a popular fitness chain with over 400 locations that started in New York City. Their goal is to make exercise fun by combining entertainment and fitness with no judgments. Crunch is known for its high-energy group training and fitness programs led by certified trainers.
There are six Crunch Fitness gyms in Long Island, but the West Babylon and Bellmore locations are the most popular with great reviews. You can see all their locations below:
There are no Crunch Fitness Signature clubs on Long Island, but there are several in NYC including Brooklyn and Queens. Signature clubs offer a larger selection of classes, dedicated yoga and spin studios, upgraded amenities, and larger facilities. If you work in Queens or Brooklyn, you can upgrade to a membership that includes all Signature locations in the metro area!
Contact & Membership Info
- West Babylon address: Crunch Fitness – West Babylon, 369 Little E Neck Rd, West Babylon, NY 11704
- Phone: (631) 620-3990
- Bellmore address: Crunch Fitness – Bellmore, 2212 Centre Ave, Bellmore, NY 11710
- Phone: (516) 221-4000
- Membership: Pricing varies slightly by club. West Babylon memberships are $20/month for one club; $27/month for all clubs with group & ride classes; and $33/month for all clubs plus HydroMassage, tanning, advanced HIIT classes, and guest privileges. Free 3-day trial at all Long Island gyms!
UFC Gym Long Island (New Hyde Park) – One of the Best 24 Hour Gyms in Nassau County with MMA-Inspired Fitness
UFC Gym Long Island is one of the more expensive options but one of the best 24 hour gyms on Long Island if you’re looking for intense fitness programs that combine MMA-style techniques and elements of Jiu-Jitsu, Kickboxing, and Boxing.
UFC Gym isn’t strictly a boxing gym in Long Island, but it is great for learning fundamentals of boxing with Boxing Conditioning and Boxing Skills & Techniques classes. You can also get a full body workout and intense conditioning with Kickboxing, MMA, Wrestling, and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu classes. Their Daily Ultimate Training class is one of the most popular options. This signature class features high-intensity interval training designed to deliver fast results.
There are classes at UFC Gym for the whole family with a highly rated youth program led by a certified Youth Coach. Kids aged 6 through 15 can participate in Youth MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing, Wrestling, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, and Daily Ultimate Training classes.
Contact & Membership Info
- Address: UFC Gym Long Island, 2020 Jericho Turnpike, New Hyde Park, NY 11040
- Phone: (516) 784-4072
- Membership: There are three membership levels. Virtual membership ($15/month) includes video on demand and livestream classes; Fitness ($60/month) includes 24-hour access to the Long Island gym, class reservations, and group fit classes; Ultimate ($100/month) includes access to all Signature locations plus Kids Club, Ultimate Conditioning classes, Ultimate Skills/Techniques classes, and 10% discount on purchases. Family memberships are also available. Try a free pass to the UFC Gym Long Island!
Planet Fitness (13 Long Island Gyms) – Affordable Gyms in Nassau County & Suffolk County
Looking for affordable gyms in Long Island, NY? Planet Fitness is a great choice for access to cardio and strength training equipment 24/7 without costly monthly dues. You can sign up for a range of group classes like Core, PF360 Burn, Upper Body, Lower Body, and 30-Minute Circuit. All members receive free training.
With either membership option, you enjoy 24-hour unlimited access to the home gym you select. Upgraded membership lets you use any Planet Fitness locations for your convenience.
There are 13 Planet Fitness Long Island gyms:
- Bay Shore, NY
- Carle Place, NY
- Centereach, NY
- Great Neck, NY
- Greenlawn, NY
- Hauppauge, NY
- Hicksville, NY
- Lawrence, NY
- Levittown, NY
- Medford, NY
- Melville, NY
- Riverhead, NY
- Selden, NY
Choose between Classic membership ($10/mo + fees) includes home gym access and free in-club training. There is a $49 start-up fee and a $39 annual fee for Classic membership which requires a 12-month commitment.
The PF Black Card membership ($25/month + fees) lets you use any PF location and bring a guest any time with unlimited HydroMassage, tanning, spray tanning, Total Body Enhancement, and more. PF Black Card membership has a $1 startup fee and $39 annual fee with no commitment.
Outlift Athletics (East Setauket) – Best Strength Training Gym on Long Island
Looking for the best powerlifting gyms Long Island has to offer? You’ll want to check out Outlift Athletics, a gym dedicated to strength training. While pricey, it’s worth the cost if you’re serious about lifting with 5 Olympic deadlift stations and equipment from top brands like Hammer Strength and Lever Edge.
This 7,000-square-foot facility bills itself as the “most epic gym on Long Island” and it lives up to it. Get personal training from owners Alisa Tarsa and Mike Smith and the other trainers on staff and enjoy other services like certified nutritional counseling, meal preparation and delivery, an infrared sauna, massage therapy, and a hyperbaric chamber.
Contact & Membership Info
- Address: Outlift Athletics, 17 Technology Dr, Setauket- East Setauket, NY 11733
- Phone: (631) 364-9405
- Membership: Try the gym with a 1-week pass (24/7 access) for $40. Monthly membership is $90 with discounts if you pay in full for 6 or 12 months. No hidden fees and no commitment.
Kayo Boxing Gym (West Hempstead) – One of the Best Long Island Boxing Gyms in Nassau County
This highly rated boxing gym on Long Island, NY teaches non-fighters and competitive fighters the fundamentals of boxing, Muay Thai, and kickboxing with a full fighter workout. Beginners are welcome with classes for youth and adults. You can train in the style that’s most comfortable for you with group classes, private lessons, and boot camp. Sparring is always optional.
- Address: Kayo Boxing Gym, 456 Hempstead Turnpike, West Hempstead, NY 11552
- Phone: (516) 385-6908
CrossFit South Shore (Bohemia) – One of Many Great CrossFit Gyms in Long Island
There are more than one dozen Long Island CrossFit gyms, but CrossFit South Shore is the highest rated. Located in the Town of Islip on the South Shore, this CrossFit gym was founded in 2009 by Tara Krieger and Doug Acker who coach almost all the classes. The 5,200-square-foot facility features a custom engineered and built-on-site Rogue rig with 8 squat racks, pull-up bars, and 12 wallball targets plus 3 professional weightlifting platforms, professional-level bars, and competition training plates.
CrossFit South Shore runs its CrossFit classes one at a time, but members can visit any time for open gym and supplemental training.
Contact & Membership Info
- Address: CrossFit South Shore, 1507 Smithtown Ave, Bohemia, NY 11716
- Phone: (516) 790-7471
- Membership: CrossFit group classes are $150/month for unlimited classes ($275 for two adults) or $125/month for two classes per week ($320 for two adults). Discounts are available if you sign up for a 6-month or 12-month contract. CrossFit youth classes are $70/month for unlimited, $55/month for a second child, or $15/class. Drop-in classes are $20 for members of other CrossFit affiliates.
YMCA of Long Island – YMCA Long Island Gym + Youth Programs, Child Care, Swimming & Community Programs
Looking for more than the typical gym experience? Joining the Y gives you access to one of the best gyms in Long Island, NY plus water fitness, youth programs, a range of programs and group classes, and child care during your workout! Plus, the YMCA offers the best Long Island gyms with pools if you’re interested in swimming!
Here are just some of the programs you can enjoy through YMCA of Long Island:
- Open gym
- Group fitness classes
- Adult sports and recreation
- Active older adults fitness programs
- Open swim and lap swim
- Swim team
- Water fitness classes
- Swim lessons
- Enrichment programs & family activities
- Summer camp for kids
As a Y member, you can access five branches including state-of-the-art Long Island gyms, pools for lap swimming, free group fitness classes, free child care while you work out, and discounts on lessons and programs.
There are many YMCA of Long Island branches:
- Brookhaven Roe YMCA Center (Holtsville, NY) is a satellite of the Patchogue Family Y
- Great South Bay YMCA (Bay Shore, NY)
- Huntington YMCA (Huntington, NY)
- Patchogue Family YMCA (Patchogue, NY)
- YMCA at Glen Cove (Glen Cove, NY)
- YMCA East Hampton RECenter (East Hampton, NY)
There are many YMCA membership options for adults, two adults, households, seniors, and teens. Membership rates vary by facility. An individual adult membership is $74/month plus a one-time $50 fee at Glen Cove for access to the full facility; the same membership level is $63/month at Great South Bay. Click here to try the Y for free for 7 days (not East Hampton and Glen Cove).
Synergy Fitness – Rated One of the Best Health Clubs in the Country
Synergy Fitness is more than a Long Island gym – it’s a health club where you can work out or relax. Synergy Fitness was founded more than 15 years ago with the belief that fitness is a lifestyle. As a member, you get help with a formula and tools for success. The club offers trained lifestyle coaches who receive mandatory training in fields like boxing, yoga, personal training, nutrition, and more to help you reach your personal goals. All LI locations are gyms in Nassau County with no locations yet in Suffolk County.
There are over 85 Synergy group fitness classes per week ranging from HIIT Fit, Strength training, Kickboxing, and Ab Attack to Zumba, Yoga, Spin, and Pilates.
There are five Synergy Fitness Long Island gyms:
- Synergy Fitness Club – Baldwin
- Synergy Fitness Club – Franklin Square
- Synergy Fitness Club – Long Beach
- Synergy Fitness Club – Lynbrook
- Synergy Fitness Club – Merrick
Membership starts at low as $30/month. Click here to get started with a free trial membership.
Long Island Gyms Map
As you can see, there are tons of great Long Island gyms for professional athletes, amateurs, beginners, and families, no matter what type of workout you’re looking for. Researching gyms ahead of a move? Give us a call at Zippboxx to discuss your move and get a free, personalized moving quote from Long Island’s best movers!