The 5 Best Long Island Home Inspectors 🔎 | Guide to Your Home Inspection on Long Island
Long Island is part of the New York metropolitan area, a densely populated island with over 8 million people. The New York City boroughs of Brooklyn and Queens are located on Long Island, where 54% of New York City’s residents live. Long Island is the longest and largest island in the contiguous United States and is larger than the state of Rhode Island.
When you’ve found your dream home on Long Island, you don’t want any surprises to surface after you’ve purchased the home. That’s why you need a good, honest Long Island home inspection to check the home out before you sign that contract. The top home inspectors on Long Island can uncover hidden problems you can’t see. This guide to the best home inspection companies on Long Island will help you choose the right home inspector.
How to Find a Home Inspector on Long Island – Tips & What to Look for
A home inspection is not required for homebuyers on Long Island, but it is strongly recommended. A home inspection typically takes a few hours and may cost several hundred dollars.
It is important to choose a competent Long Island home inspector whom you can trust to find potential issues before you buy the home.
Here are some things you’ll want to look for when choosing a Long Island home inspector:
- Check their qualifications – New York home inspectors take either the National Home Inspector Exam or the New York State Home Inspector License Exam. They must also complete a New York-approved 140-hour home inspection course. A home inspector in New York also must have general liability insurance. When you hire a Long Island AHIT, ASHI, or InterNACHI certified inspector, you’ll be getting a qualified professional who meets the highest standards.
- Check their trade organization memberships – It’s important that the Long Island home inspector you choose is a member of a nationally recognized organization, such as InterNACHI or ASHI, because these organizations set compliance standards that members on Long Island must adhere to. Members are also required to follow the home inspector’s Code of Ethics.
- Check their experience – An experienced home inspector in Long Island has seen a wide variety of issues while inspecting homes in all types of conditions. They know what to look for and are better equipped to catch a problem.
- Check for advanced certifications, training, or education – You might be buying a home with unique features or an older home that needs an inspection above and beyond the norm. Make sure the Long Island inspection company you choose has the additional certifications, training, or credentials that are needed to inspect your home.
Once you’ve narrowed the field of home inspectors based on qualifications, here are some other things to look for:
- Find out what is included in the inspection – The best home inspectors use thermal imaging to find hidden leaks and drones to check the condition of the roof. Find out if these services are available. If so, are they included, or will there be an additional cost? Always ask for a sample home inspection report. Compare reports from different home inspection companies to see which ones offer a more thorough home inspection.
- Look at customer reviews – Reviews from past clients on sites such as Google and Yelp can give you valuable insight into the quality of work a home inspector does.
- Be leery of your agent’s recommendation – Most realtors are quick to recommend a home inspector to you, but an inspector who wants to keep getting referrals from the realtor might intentionally “miss” issues to give a more favorable report.
- Be careful of a home inspector who offers renovation or repair services – This is a potential conflict of interest as the home inspector can “find” things that need repair just so they can get more money from you.
What does a home inspection cover?
A complete home inspection includes a visual examination of the building from top to bottom. The inspector checks the condition of the structure, roof, foundation, drainage, plumbing, heating system, central air-conditioning system, visible insulation, walls, windows, and doors. After the inspection, the inspector gives you a report on their findings.
Here’s what to expect during a home inspection:
A home inspector on Long Island checks both the interior and exterior of the home. They inspect the foundation, structural components, roof, HVAC, plumbing, electrical systems, attic, walls, ceilings, floors, basement, windows, and doors. They include all their findings in a report that they give to you.
ProSpec Home Inspection | Detailed Photographic Reports
ProSpec specializes in delivering detailed reports of the condition of the roofing, basement, structure, heating, cooling, plumbing, electrical, insulation, ventilation, doors, windows, and more. They offer additional services such as thermographic inspection, lead paint testing, mold air sampling, and electromagnetic field testing. They are also affiliated with InterNACHI, ASHI, AHIT, and NIBI (National Institute of Home Inspectors).
ProSpec has a 5-star rating on Google and Yelp! They are licensed, certified, and fully equipped to give their customers the best service on Long Island.
Address: 1911 State St, Merrick, NY 11566
Phone number: (516) 580-1848
Home Spector Inc. | Master Home Inspector
The owner/operator of Home Spector is a Certified Master Home Inspector with 15+ years of experience in home inspections. He not only evaluates and identifies issues with the construction, mechanical systems, electricals, plumbing, heating, air conditioning equipment, and more, but he also recommends repairs and remedies. Free extras include a termite inspection, energy-saving tips, phone support, home maintenance tips, and environmental concerns. He is ASHI and InterNACHI certified as well.
Home Spector has a 5-star rating on Google, with 263 reviews, and a 5-star rating on Yelp with 148 reviews! They are licensed, certified, and guarantee to always give the very best effort.
Address: 15 Paula Dr, South Farmingdale, NY 11735
Phone number: (516) 851-5833
WIN Home Inspection East End | Home & Pest Inspections
WIN Home Inspection East End offers personalized home inspections and provides, comprehensive, easy-to-read, and detailed reports within 24 hours. Besides excellent home inspection services, they also offer termite inspection, well water testing, pool aquatic inspection, tank scan, home energy score analysis, and more.
WIN Home Inspection is a Franchise 500 company operating in 35 states and has over 1.5 million satisfied customers to date.
WIN inspects all types of residential properties including condominiums, manufactured homes, duplexes, and townhomes. They have a 5-star rating on Google and Yelp.
Address: 6 Manorview Way, Manorville, NY 11949
Phone number: (631) 874-0011
Square One Professional Home Inspectors | Best Interior Home Inspection Company
Square One Professional Home Inspectors checks everything from cracked foundations, defective HVAC systems, leaky roofs, mold, environmental hazards, electrical wiring issues, poor water pressure, and other hidden problems. They provide a detailed, written report the same day that includes graphics, descriptions, instructions, evaluations, and recommendations about the overall condition of the property.
Square One requires that you are present at the inspection instead of just sending you a report. They are committed to giving you the kind of service that you deserve. Square One has an impressive 5-star rating on Google and Yelp
Address: 11756 510 Drew Street, Brooklyn, NY 11208
Phone number: (516)242-9556
Inspecticore | Money Back Guarantee on All Long Island Home Inspections
Inspecticore is an award-winning home inspector on Long Island that offers a full range of inspection services for home interiors and exteriors, termite infestations, pool and spa inspections, and more. They provide detailed reports and recommended actions. Once you’ve had a home inspection, they offer home security systems, appliance safety recall alerts, home binders, and other services.
Inspecticore’s team of home inspectors is trained and supervised by an ASHI-Certified Inspector and has passed the National Home Inspector Examination. Their reports are thorough, with pictures and an executive action summary. They are so confident in their services that they will give you a 100% refund and pay for another home inspector of your choice to complete an inspection of the property if you aren’t satisfied.
With a 5-star rating on Google based on a whopping 1,890 reviews, you don’t need to look any further to find the best home inspection company on Long Island.
Address: 319 E Main St, Smithtown, NY 11787
Phone number: (516) 524-0673
Map of Home Inspectors in Long Island
Long Island Home Inspection FAQs
How much does a home inspection cost in Long Island, PA?
Home inspection costs typically range between $280 and $680 on Long Island.
What does a home inspector do?
A home inspector conducts a comprehensive overview of all the major mechanical and structural systems of the home, including plumbing, foundation, roof, attic, fireplaces, air conditioning, and appliances, as well as inspecting the interior and exterior of the home.
What does a Long Island home inspector look for?
A home inspector looks for any issues with the home, including plumbing, electrical, roof, and structure of the home.
Choosing the right home inspector on Long Island means you’ll have peace of mind that the home you purchase will be free of serious issues.
If you’re ready to purchase your new home on Long Island, give Zippboxx a call today at 631-600-0000 or fill out our online form for a free moving quote. With 4.97 Google stars, based on 213 reviews, our experienced and professional team can take of all your moving needs on Long Island for you!